American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that is in the business of transporting the public, goods, or messages for a fee.
- n. A company that provides telecommunications services, as by telephone or satellite, to the public.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Law.) See under Common, a.
- adj. (Law) one who undertakes the office of carrying (goods or persons) for hire. Such a carrier is bound to carry in all cases when he has accommodation, and when his fixed price is tendered, and he is liable for all losses and injuries to the goods, except those which happen in consequence of the act of God, or of the enemies of the country, or of the owner of the property himself.
- n. a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘common carrier’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Multiword expressions frequently used in EU context. Many of them have a specific EU-meaning, some of them are topical in 2012 also outside the EU but have a relevance in EU politics. People workin...
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 1567 more...
supranational ins..., supplementary budget, sudden jump, subprime crisis, special represent..., sovereign state, soft power, soft landing, social welfare, social policy, social partners, social justice and 372 more...
Looking for tweets for common carrier.