American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A man whose primary allegiance is to his employer.
- n. idiomatic A male employee who has a great—and often, in the view of others, an excessive—commitment to serving the interests of the organization which employs him.
- n. idiomatic A spy or other operative of an intelligence service, especially the U. S. Central Intelligence Agency.
- n. idiomatic A male homosexual.
- n. an employee whose first loyalty is to the company rather than to fellow workers
“A company man named Bertaut knew how to fashion a hangman’s noose, having learned the intricacies of it as a boy, when someone taught him how to do it as a sort of game.”
“But Clinton was basically a company man in Democrat’s clothing.”
Looking for tweets for company man.