from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who collects shells, especially for the purpose of scientific study.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who studies, or is versed in, conchology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One versed in conchology.
- n. A name of the carrier-shells (family Phoridœ), from their often attaching other shells to the margins of their whorls as they grow. Also called mineralogist. See cut under carrier-shell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collector and student of mollusc shells
conchology + -ist (Wiktionary)