from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A confection, preserve, or jam.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A preserve or candied fruit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Composition; preparation, as of a drug, or confection; a sweetmeat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of making confections.
- n. A sweetmeat; a confection: a comfit.
- n. A composition; a preparation made up of different drugs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. preserved or candied fruit
French, from Old French, from confit, confection; see comfit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French confiture (Wiktionary)