from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A specialized fungal hypha that produces conidia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fungal hypha that produces conidia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a specialized fungal hypha (a branch of the fungal mycelium) that produces conidia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In fungi, a conidium-bearing stalk or branch of the mycelium. See sporophore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a specialized fungal hypha that produces conidia
conidi(um) + -phore.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.