from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A North American deciduous shrub (Symphoricarpos orbiculatus) cultivated for its abundant clusters of coral-red, berrylike fruits. Also called Indian currant.
- n. Any of certain eastern Asian evergreen shrubs of the genus Ardisia, such as spiceberry, cultivated as a houseplant for its clusters of long-lasting, red, berrylike fruits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of bromeliad, Aechme fulgens, which originates from Brazil, and which is often used as an ornamental plant.
- n. An alternative name for the American winterberry, Ilex verticillata.
- n. The Symphoricarpos orbiculatus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a North American deciduous shrub (Symphoricarpos orbiculatus) cultivated for its abundant clusters of coral-red berrylike fruits.
- n. shrub (Ardisia crenata) with coral-red berries; it is found from Japan to northern India.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Symphoricarpos vulgaris, a shrub resembling the snow-berry, but having the berries dark-red and clustered in the axils of the leaves.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. North American deciduous shrub cultivated for it abundant clusters of coral-red berrylike fruits
- n. shrub with coral-red berries; Japan to northern India
coral + berry (Wiktionary)