from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coronet or little crown of a seed; the downy tuft on seeds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coronet or little crown of a seed; the downy tuft on seeds. See pappus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a coronet or little crown of a seed; the downy tuft on seeds.
- n. The little calyx-like body which crowns the nucule in the genus Chara.
- n. The crown of spines which sometimes occurs at the apex of the frustule in diatoms.
Latin coronula, diminutive of corona crown. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.