American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To shape into folds or parallel and alternating ridges and grooves.
- v. To become shaped into such folds or ridges and grooves: "Now the immense ocean . . . sensed the change. Its surface rippled and corrugated where sweeping cloud shadows touched it” ( John Updike).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wrinkle; draw or contract into folds; pucker: as, to corrugate the skin; to corrugate iron plates for use in building.
- Wrinkled; contracted; puckered.
- In zoology and botany, having a wrinkled appearance: applied to a surface closely covered with parallel and generally curved or wavy sharp ridges which are separated by deep and often depressed lines.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Wrinkled; crumpled; furrowed; contracted into ridges and furrows.
- v. To form or shape into wrinkles or folds, or alternate ridges and grooves, as by drawing, contraction, pressure, bending, or otherwise; to wrinkle; to purse up.
- v. fold into ridges
- Latin corrūgāre, corrūgāt-, to wrinkle up : com-, com- + rūgāre, to wrinkle (from rūga, wrinkle). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Aquafina is also driving additional environmental benefits by producing the bottle at purification centers where filling occurs and by eliminating cardboard base pads from 24-packs, which will contribute to saving 20 million pounds of corrugate by 2010.”
“Over the next four years, these packaging improvements will reduce desktop and laptop packaging materials by approximately 10 percent worldwide, increase sustainable content in cushioning and corrugate packaging by”
“Yet we had watched his smooth brow furrow and corrugate as under some carking care or devouring sorrow.”
“The company offers direct-to-destination shipping of these luggage boxes (which come in small and large sizes), has "a sturdy handle for easy carrying," and is made of recyclable corrugate.”
“Gene Prince, interim chief of Gainesville Fire Rescue, told The Gainesville Sun that he informed the church on Tuesday (Aug. 17) that the protest violates local fire-prevention laws, which include rules against burning corrugate cardboard or office paper, which includes books.”
“For example, Dell, a Think Green Alliance member, just announced that they are implementing a plan to reduce their desktop and laptop packaging materials by approximately 10 percent worldwide and increase sustainable content in cushioning and corrugate packaging by 40 percent and ensure that 75 percent of packaging materials are curbside recyclable by 2012.”
“In the last month or two, corrugate prices have risen about 8%.”
“My favorite accessory was the Barbie Dream House, a clever crib of creased corrugate, that came as a handy suitcase-size rectangle and unfolded into four furnished rooms.”
“The X4650's packaging is comprised of corrugate made from 100 percent recycled product.”
“Plus, it can survive a beating from kitty's claws thanks to the heavy weight inner-corrugate.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘corrugate’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Words from McCarthy's masterpiece
Looking for tweets for corrugate.