from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. unpaid labor (especially on roads) due to a feudal lord
- n. labor, especially on roads, in lieu of taxes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An obligation to perform certain services, as the repair of roads, for the lord or sovereign.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In feudal law, an obligation imposed upon the inhabitants of a district to perform certain services, as the repair of roads, etc., for the sovereign or the feudal lord.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unpaid labor (as for the maintenance of roads) required by a lord of his vassals in lieu of taxes
From French corvée, from Medieval Latin corrogata, based on Latin corrogare ("to entreat together"). (Wiktionary)