from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To sign (a document) jointly.
- transitive v. To endorse (another's signature), as for a loan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To sign a document jointly with another person, sometimes as an endorsement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. sign jointly
- v. sign and endorse (another person's signature), as for a loan
What Dilan Esper said in his 10: 41 post: cosign, exactly that.
Late Tuesday, he reaffirmed his commitment to the loan deal, but hinted he wouldn't cosign a letter committing his party to the austerity measures Europe is demanding.
Rush Limbaugh casually invokes the potential for a "Second American Revolution," just as he did prior to Oklahoma City, only now he has Glenn Beck to cosign his apocalyptic warnings.
I have no desire to make a sign saying I am a woman trying to return to school after leaving because of an abusive relationship, but I will send this letter out to as many outlets as I possibly can in the hopes that someone might be able to help or even just cosign a student loan with me.
And cosign with pseudonymous in nc about the goddamn villagers.
You agree to cosign a loan and the other person stops making payments, leaving you responsible for the full amount -- otherwise your credit will suffer.
• The Equal Credit Opportunity Act 1974 made credit discrimination illegal, so women may now apply for credit and buy cars and houses without needing her father or husband to cosign.
Now based on the "ramp" vs. drop off, multiply the cosign of the angle change from the 200 to 300 differential, and officially, you have ... er ... several.
After difficult deliberation, we decided not to cosign the list of organizations that supported coexistence.
I would expect/Film to realize no one in the entire world would cosign Dane Cook or the Jonas Brothers even auditioning for the title role because its so ridiculous, let alone the Marvel people.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.