from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To declare or make legally valid.
- transitive v. To mark with an indication of official sanction.
- transitive v. To establish the soundness of; corroborate. See Synonyms at confirm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Check or prove the validity of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To confirm; to render valid; to give legal force to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make valid; confirm; give legal force to.
- To test the validity of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. declare or make legally valid
- v. make valid or confirm the validity of
- v. prove valid; show or confirm the validity of something
- v. give evidence for
Sorry, no etymologies found.