from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make legal or lawful; authorize or sanction by law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of legalise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make legal.
- transitive v. To interpret or apply in a legal spirit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make lawful; render conformable to law, either by previous authorization or by giving the sanction of law to what has already been done; authorize; sanction; justify.
- In theology, to interpret or apply Seripture in the spirit of legalism. Also spelled legalise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make legal
legal + -ize (Wiktionary)