from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To impose a criminal penalty on or for; outlaw.
- transitive v. To treat as a criminal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make (something) a crime; to make illegal under criminal law; to ban.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to declare (an act) to be illegal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. treat as a criminal
- v. declare illegal; outlaw
criminal + -ize (Wiktionary)