from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make illegal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make illegal, to prohibit by law, to criminalize something that had previously been legal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make or declare illegal or unlawful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render illegal or unlawful. Also spelled illegalise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. declare illegal; outlaw
illegal + -ize (Wiktionary)