from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the neotropical passerine birds of the genus Cotinga
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bird of the family Cotingidæ, including numerous bright-colored South American species; -- called also chatterers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The native name of several South American manakins: applied to sundry cotingine birds.
- n. Any bird of the family Cotingidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. passerine bird of New World tropics
From New Latin cotinga, from Old Tupi cutinga. (Wiktionary)