from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various tropical American birds of the family Cotingidae, having a characteristic bell-like call.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various birds with a far-carrying bell-like call, including the crested bellbird, Oreoica gutturalis, the New Zealand bellbird, Anthornis melanura and the neotropical bellbirds of the genus Procnias.
- n. The bell miner, Manorina melanophrys, a bird that feeds on bell lerps (a variety of psyllid).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A South and Central American bird of the genus Casmarhincos, and family Cotingidæ, of several species; the campanero.
- n. The Myzantha melanophrys of Australia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The arapunga.
- n. An Australian bird of the family Meliphagidæ, the Manorhina (or Myzantha) melanophrys, whose notes resemble the sound of a bell.
- n. An Australian piping crow, of the genus Strepera, as S. graculina. Also called bell-magpie.
- n. In New Zealand, one of the Meliphagidæ, Anthornis melanura.
- n. In Australia, Oreoica gutturalis, one of the shrikes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several tropical American birds of the genus Procnias having a bell-like call
bell bird (Wiktionary)