from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several small deer of the genus Muntiacus of southeast Asia and the East Indies. Also called barking deer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various species of east Asian deer of the genus Muntiacus, having short antlers and a barking call.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of several species of small Asiatic deer of the genus Cervulus, esp. Cervulus muntjac, which occurs both in India and on the East Indian Islands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small deer of Java, Cervulus muntjac, belonging to the subfamily Cervulinæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark
Malay menjangan, deer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Dutch muntjak, from Sundanese mencek ("small deer"). (Wiktionary)