from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The difference in latitude between two positions as a result of a movement to the north.
- n. Progress toward the north.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The distance north of a standard reference latitude.
- n. A distance traveled northward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Distance northward from any point of departure or of reckoning, measured on a meridian; -- opposed to
- n. The distance of any heavenly body from the equator northward; north declination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The distance of a planet from the equator northward; north declination.
- n. In navigation and surveying, the distance of latitude reckoned northward from the last point of reckoning: opposed to southing.
- n. Deviation toward the north.
Sorry, no etymologies found.