American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The counting backward aloud from an arbitrary starting number to indicate the time remaining before an event or operation, such as the launching of a missile or space vehicle.
- n. The checks and preparations carried out during this activity.
- n. A count backward in fixed units to the time of some event, especially the launch of a space vehicle
- n. The acts of preparation carried out during this period
- n. slang A radio or television program counting down the top songs of a given week, usually in reverse order ending with the No. 1.
- v. nonstandard To count down
- n. counting backward from an arbitrary number to indicate the time remaining before some event (such as launching a space vehicle)
- count + down (Wiktionary)
“Yes | No | Report from bgreen902 wrote 28 weeks 4 days ago rapala countdown is amazing ... but for live bait I toss a wax worm in the fast moving water and let it drift down ....”
“The final giveaway in the countdown is a much coveted ARC of Karen Chance's Curse the Dawn, the fourth book in her Cassandra Palmer series.”
“The teacher, psychologist Vic Witherman, was an expert in what he called countdown profiling.”
“Leave the real work to the next generation because yours already has screwed up this country enough with your power grabbing. btw, everyone should watch Keith's special comment about Bush on countdown. if you don't know what that is just type in "countdown" in google.”
“The countdown is on: NASA has only two shuttle launches left.”
“Points standings (x — clinched spot in countdown to No. 1)”
“In the before section the chapters are titled in countdown fashion like “one hundred one days before.””
“How are people involved in countdown and launch operations able to send updates to this site as events occur?”
“The countdown is interesting as this gives the trailer maker the opportunity to throw in anything he damn well pleases to make this trailer sizzle.”
“The date and time when the countdown is scheduled to end?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘countdown’.
As the playoffs are on, some Hockey terms, and likely some Canadianisms in here.
Looking for tweets for countdown.