from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of crenel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An embrasure or indentation in a battlement; a loophole in a fortress; an indentation; a notch. See merlon, and Illust. of battlement.
- n. Same as Crenature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the open spaces of a battlemented parapet which alternate with the merlons or cops. See battlement. Also crenel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a notch or open space between two merlons in a crenelated battlement
- n. one of a series of rounded projections (or the notches between them) formed by curves along an edge (as the edge of a leaf or piece of cloth or the margin of a shell or a shriveled red blood cell observed in a hypertonic solution etc.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.