from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Curled or ruffled, as the margins of certain leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having curled, wavy or notched edges
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a crisped appearance; irregularly curled or twisted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a crisped appearance. In botany, same as crisp, 2.
- In entomology, specifically applied to a margin which is disproportionately large for the disk, so that it is uneven, rising and falling in folds which radiate toward the edge. If these folds are curved, the margin is said to be undulate; if they are angular, corrugate. Also crisp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wavy or notched and curled very irregularly
Latin crispātus, past participle of crispāre, to curl, from crispus, curly; see sker-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)