from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See cross, n.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gibbet: same as cross, 1.
- n. A structure or monument in the form of a cross: same as cross, 2.
- n. A crucifix: same as cross
- n. A mark or sign in the form of a cross: same as cross, 4.
- To mark the sign of the cross upon: same as cross, 3.
- To mark or designate with the sign of the cross, as a pilgrim or a crusader.
Sorry, no etymologies found.