from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To refer (a reader) from one part or passage to another.
- intransitive v. To make a cross-reference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make or use a cross-reference
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. to refer from one entry to another, as in catalogues, books, and lists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. refer from one entry to another, as in catalogues, books, and lists
Sorry, no etymologies found.