from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Scots A soft cheese made from curds.
- n. Scots Porridge; gruel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Gruel or thin porridge
- n. A Scottish form of cottage cheese
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Meal and cold water, or sometimes milk, stirred together so as to form a thick gruel; hence, any porridge.
- n. Curds from which the whey has been pressed out, mixed with butter.
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)