from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A precious stone that is part of a sovereign's regalia.
- n. The jewels, such as those in a crown or scepter, used ceremonially by a sovereign.
- n. The most prized asset or possession in a group.
- n. A part of a company sought by another party in a hostile takeover attempt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the most desirable assets of a corporation
- n. a precious stone that is a valuable part of a sovereign's regalia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.