from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fool or dupe.
- transitive v. To fool; cheat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is easily tricked or imposed on; a dupe, a gullible person.
- n. A companion.
- v. To trick, to impose on, to dupe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person easily deceived, tricked, or imposed on; a mean dupe; a gull.
- transitive v. To trick, cheat, or impose on; to deceive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fellow; a “cove”; especially, a verdant fellow who is easily deceived, tricked, or imposed on, as by a sharper, jilt, or strumpet; a mean dupe.
- To deceive; trick, cheat, or impose upon; jilt; gull.
Perhaps from cullion.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)