from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a cup.
- adj. Marked by shallow depressions: A loose, cuppy track slowed the horses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the form of a cup
- adj. Having indentations or shallow depressions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Hollow; cuplike; also, full of cups, or small depressions.
- adj. Characterized by cup shakes; -- said of timber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In heraldry, one of the furs composed of patches like potent, but arranged so that each is set against a patch of the same tincture, instead of alternated.
- Cup-like; concave: as, cuppy flowers.
- Full of small cup-like cavities. See cup, n., 6 .
Sorry, no etymologies found.