from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that curls, as a device on which hair is wound for curling.
- n. Sports A player of curling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a set of small cylindrical tubes used to curl hair
- n. A sportsman who plays curling
- n. A pass or a shot of the ball which swerves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, curls.
- n. A player at the game called curling.
- n. A small cylindrical object sometimes having a clamping attachment, around which hair is wound so as to produce curls.
- n. an electrical appliance with a handle and a metal rod-shaped tip which is heated and around which hair is wound, to produce curls in the hair; -- called also curling iron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which curls.
- n. One who engages in the amusement of curling. See curling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mechanical device consisting of a cylindrical tube around which the hair is wound to curl it
Sorry, no etymologies found.