from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Annona, especially A. reticulata, having large, nearly heart-shaped edible fruits with white to yellowish flesh.
- n. The fruit of any of these trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The soursop (fruit and tree)
- n. The sugar apple, a related fruit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a low tree or shrub of tropical America, including several species of Anona (Anona squamosa, Anona reticulata, etc.), having a roundish or ovate fruit the size of a small orange, containing a soft, yellowish, edible pulp.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of Anona reticulata, a native of the West Indies, but cultivated in all tropical countries.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several tropical American trees bearing fruit with soft edible pulp
- n. the fruit of any of several tropical American trees of the genus Annona having soft edible pulp
So called because its pulp resembles custard.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.