from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tropical American evergreen tree (Annona muricata) bearing spiny, yellow-green fruit with tart edible pulp.
- n. The fruit of this tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several small tropical evergreen trees, genus Annona.
- n. The tart, spiny, yellow-green fruit fruit of this tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The large succulent and slightly acid fruit of a small tree (Anona muricata) of the West Indies; also, the tree itself. It is closely allied to the custard apple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Anona.
- n. A cross or crabbed person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small tropical American tree bearing large succulent slightly acid fruit
- n. large spiny tropical fruit with tart pulp related to custard apples
sour + sop. (Wiktionary)