from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A caustic acidic crystalline compound, NHCNH, prepared by treating calcium cyanamide with sulfuric acid.
- n. Calcium cyanamide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A chemical compound, NH2CN; a white crystalline solid, soluble in water, having many commercial applications including fertilizer
- n. Any derivative of this compound in which one or more hydrogen atoms are replaced by an alkyl or aryl group
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A white crystalline body (CN.NH2) prepared by the action of ammonia on cyanogen chlorid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a weak soluble dibasic acid (the parent acid of cyanamide salts)
- n. a compound used as a fertilizer and as a source of nitrogen compounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.