from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A compound containing nitrogen with another more electropositive element, such as phosphorus or a metal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A compound of nitrogen where nitrogen has an oxidation state of −3.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A binary compound of nitrogen with a more metallic element or radical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compound of nitrogen with any other element or radical, particularly a compound of nitrogen with phosphorus, boron, silicon, or a metal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a compound containing nitrogen and a more electropositive element (such as phosphorus or a metal)
Sorry, no etymologies found.