from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A circular group of columns without a core.
- n. A device used to make copies of a drawing or writing, via small punctures made in the outline
- v. To use such a wheel and puncture device to make copies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A contrivance for producing manifold copies of writing or drawing. The writing or drawing is done with a style carrying a small wheel at the end which makes minute punctures in the paper, thus converting it into a stencil. Copies are transferred with an inked roller.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An apparatus for making duplicate copies of letters, circulars, etc., written on sensitized paper with a pen of peculiar make, or with a typewriter.
- n. A peristyle of circular form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. print with an implement with small toothed wheels that cuts small holes in a stencil
- n. a writing implement with a small toothed wheel that cuts small holes in a stencil
Sorry, no etymologies found.