Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An apparatus for making duplicate copies of letters, circulars, etc., written on sensitized paper with a pen of peculiar make, or with a typewriter. The first copy is used as an impression-plate, and inked with an inking-roller to produce subsequent copies.
- n. A peristyle of circular form.
- n. architecture A circular group of columns without a core.
- n. A device used to make copies of a drawing or writing, via small punctures made in the outline
- v. To use such a wheel and puncture device to make copies.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A contrivance for producing manifold copies of writing or drawing. The writing or drawing is done with a style carrying a small wheel at the end which makes minute punctures in the paper, thus converting it into a stencil. Copies are transferred with an inked roller.
- v. print with an implement with small toothed wheels that cuts small holes in a stencil
- n. a writing implement with a small toothed wheel that cuts small holes in a stencil
“Inside the crowded office, a young man cranks the handle of a cyclostyle machine printing publicity pamphlets and he clicks his tongue as the paper jams again.”
“You can have students make this, or you can produce it with a hectograph or cyclostyle or other copying device.”
“I am black but comely at this moment: because the cyclostyle has blacked me.”
“(Written with a cyclostyle.) "LIZE'S AVONTUREN IN HET WONDERLAND.”
“There is also a form written with a cyclostyle.] "DOUBLETS.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cyclostyle’.
List of words containing cylco-, -cyclo-, &c.
cyclophosphamide, cycloheptatriene, cycloalkene, cyclooctadiene, cycloolefin, cyclooctatetraene, cyclobutene, cyclopropene, cyclotrigermene, cyclotrigermenium, cyclopropenium, cyclopropenoid and 90 more...
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
A list of terms pertaining to columns employed in architecture.
I have a list for words learned from Newsweek; here's where I keep all the stuff from other shit I read.
Except when I'm looking stuff up and find new words that way. Those go on their...
Odd words and odder juxtapositions of words from Name, a Novel by Toadex Hobogrammathon. Some would consider these dystopic "junk phrases", and that's precisely why I like them. Full text at the Po...
corkoid Spanish m..., flock of fried an..., like a bad dram, unsuspectedly Mal..., sudatory ministerium, dice-coal praemunire, praemunire, teocalli, sclaff, labiovelar weathe..., bigeneric loss ad..., good time unrestr... and 1413 more...
Words I've come across while reading and looked up in the dictionary.
Words that I used to know.
A family of terms containing the string *styl that suggest a sense of something columnar or pointed.
Words containing styl- denoting a mode of expression or fashion are excluded from t...
Looking for tweets for cyclostyle.