Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the characters of the Cygninæ.
- adj. zoology Being of the genus Cygnus (swan), within subfamily Anserinae of the family Anatidae, though sometimes considered a distinct subfamily, Cygninae.
- adj. Of, concerning, pertaining to, resembling, or having the characteristics of a swan or swans.
- n. dated An alkaloid from gastrolobium calycinium, the 'York Road' poison plant; a convulsant poison, C19H22N2O3.
- From Latin cygnus ("swan"), with English -ine. (Wiktionary)
“W cygnine swan W anatine duck 1862-1893 dacelonine kingfisher W OOsW didine dodo 1885 OW avine bird 1881 OW falconine falcon OW buteonine buzzard fringilline finch 1874 -”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cygnine’.
How would you describe your brother-in-law? Is he a tad bovine? Maybe there is something lacertilian about him? Or his business practices seem a little percesocine to you.
Looking for tweets for cygnine.