from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Cut low at the neckline: a décolleté dress.
- adj. Wearing a garment that is low-cut or strapless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a low neckline that reveals the cleavage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Leaving the neck and shoulders uncovered; cut low in the neck, or low-necked, as a dress.
- adj. Wearing a décolleté gown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Low-necked: said of a dress-waist so shaped as to leave the neck and shoulders exposed.
- By extension, having the neck and shoulders exposed: said of a woman the waist of whose dress is cut low in the neck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a garment) having a low-cut neckline
French, past participle of décolleter, to lower a neckline, uncover the neck : dé-, off (from Latin dē-; see de-) + collet, collar (from Old French, diminutive of col, neck, collar, from Latin collum, neck; see kwel-1 in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French, from décolleter ("to bare the neck and shoulders"). (Wiktionary)