from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thin inferior satin or an imitation satin, especially one containing cotton.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a faux satin usually made of synthetic fiber or cotton.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thin kind of satin.
- n. A kind of cloth made of cotton warp and woolen filling, used chiefly for trousers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very slight, thin satin.
- n. A material made of cotton and woolen, so woven that the woolen forms the surface: so called because the smooth surface is thought to resemble that of satin. It is cheap and very durable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fabric with a finish resembling satin but made partly or wholly from cotton or synthetic fiber
Sorry, no etymologies found.