Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat damp; moist: as, “dampy shade,”
- Dejected; sorrowful: as, “dampy thoughts,”
- In coal-mining, said of air when it is mixed with choke-damp to such an extent that candles will no longer burn in it.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. obsolete Somewhat damp.
- adj. obsolete Dejected; gloomy; sorrowful.
“Fragrant, though the broad neutral ground was a wilderness of weeds of dampy growth, and (so our John used to tell me) snakes!”
“The disease of the body may cause disease in the soul; yet not the less trust we in the mercy of the merciful -- not the less strive we to keep feeding and trimming that spiritual lamp which is within us, even when it flickers feebly in the dampy gloom, like an earthly lamp left in a vaulted sepulchre, about to die among the dead.”
“I watch the smug curve in his mouth and smell the sneezy air of the dumpy, dampy, danky, dark dungeon office that Inspicorp keeps for the drops offs and pick ups of all the seeds and shit.”
“In yonder gloomy grove out-ftretch'd he lay His lovely limbs upon the dampy clay;”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dampy’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
good weird words to use hard letters and lots of vowels
Looking for tweets for dampy.