from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A snake of the genus Acanthophis, a group of highly venomous elapids found in Australia and New Guinea.
- n. The copperhead, a venomous pit viper species Agkistrodon contortrix, found in North America.
- n. The eastern hognose snake, a non-venomous colubrid species found in North America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A venomous Australian snake of the family Elapidæ, of several species, as the Hoplocephalus superbus and Acanthopis antarctica.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A venomous serpent of Australia, Acanthophis antarctica. See Acanthophis.
- n. The black-snake of Australia, Pseudechis porphyriacus. See black-snake, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. venomous Australian snake resembling an adder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.