from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several venomous snakes of the family Elapidae, which includes the cobras, mambas, and coral snakes.
- adj. Of or belonging to the family Elapidae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many species of snakes, of the family Elapidae, including the cobras, mambas, and coral snakes
- adj. Characteristic of these snakes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a venomous snake of the family Elapidae, including the .
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A serpent of the family Elapidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous venomous fanged snakes of warmer parts of both hemispheres
From New Latin Elapidae, family name, from Late Greek elaps, elap-, fish, variant of Greek ellops.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)