from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lying-down of a person due to illness.
- n. A branch of astrology dealing with diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of an illness based on the astrological conditions at the onset of the illness.
- n. An astrological chart cast for the first day of an illness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Confinement to a sick bed, or time of taking to one's bed from sickness.
- n. Aspect of the heavens at the time of taking to one's sick bed, by which the prognostics of recovery or death were made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The time at which a sick person takes to his bed, or during which he is confined to it by disease.
- n. In astrology, the figure of the heavens erected for the time of a person's first taking to his bed from illness. Prognostics of recovery or death were derived from this figure.
Sorry, no etymologies found.