from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To trample underfoot.
- v. To physically crush or break.
- v. To oppress, keep down.
- v. To defile to chastity of; to debauch, to rape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To tread down.
- transitive v. To make foul; to defile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make foul or unclean; befoul; defile.
- n. Defilement; soiling.
- To trample upon; press down; crush, as by trampling.
From Old French defouler. (Wiktionary)