from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of delegating or state of being delegated.
- n. The authority, office, or position of a delegate.
- n. A body of delegates; a delegation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The position or state of being a delegate.
- n. A collection of delegates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of delegating, or state of being delegated; deputed power.
- n. A body of delegates or commissioners; a delegation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of delegating, or the state of being delegated.
- n. A number of persons delegated; a delegation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
- n. the appointment of a delegate
- n. a group of representatives or delegates
Sorry, no etymologies found.