from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of dependence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. dependence
- n. Misspelling of dependence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See dependence, dependency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)
- n. the state of relying on or being controlled by someone or something else
Sorry, no etymologies found.