from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause (a glassy material) to become crystalline and brittle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To become crystalline and brittle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of glasslike character; to take away vitreous luster and transparency from.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To destroy or change, either in part or wholly, the vitreous condition of. See devitrification and glass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become crystalline
- v. make (glassy materials) brittle or opaque
de- + vitrify (Wiktionary)