from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A figure of speech in which multiple arguments are brought to bear on a single point
- n. A green form of pyroxene.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A figure by which arguments are placed in various points of view, and then turned to one point.
- n. A dark green or bronze-colored laminated variety of pyroxene, common in certain igneous rocks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In rhetoric, a figure of speech by which arguments are placed in various points of view, and then brought to bear all upon one point.
- n. A variety of pyroxene, commonly of a green color, characterized by its lamellar or foliated structure. As formerly used, the term covered metalloidal diallage or bronzite, also schillerspar and hypersthene.
Sorry, no etymologies found.