from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to dioptrics.
- adj. Relating to optical refraction; refractive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a diopter.
- adj. Acting as a medium for sight; making use of refraction (of lenses, etc.).
- adj. Capable of being seen through.
- n. The branch of optics concerned with refraction.
- n. A dioptric telescope.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the dioptre, or to the metric system of numbering glasses.
- adj. Of or pertaining to dioptrics; assisting vision by means of the refraction of light; refractive
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affording a medium for the sight; assisting vision in the view of distant objects.
- Pertaining to dioptrics, or the science of refracted light.
- n. A unit of refractive power of a lens (or inverse focal length), equal to unity divided by a meter.
From Greek dioptrikos, of a diopter, from dioptrā, diopter; see diopter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Greek διοπτρικός. Compare diopter. (Wiktionary)