from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A unit of currency used with varying value in many Arabic countries, including Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, Libya and Qatar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. worth one tenth of a Kuwaiti dinar; equal 100 fils
- n. the basic unit of money in the United Arab Emirates; equal to 1,000 fils
- n. 100 dirhams equal 1 dinar in Tunisia
- n. the basic unit of money in Morocco; equal to 100 centimes
- n. 100 dirhams equal 1 riyal in Qatar
- n. 100 dirhams equal 1 dinar in Libya
Arabic, from Greek drakhmē, drachma.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Arabic درهم (dírham), ultimately from Ancient Greek δραχμή (drachmē). (Wiktionary)