from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An obscene or vulgar word.
- n. A word, expression, or concept viewed as odious or intolerable: a feisty campaigner to whom "give up” was a dirty word.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A word that is considered vulgar, not necessarily sexual in nature.
- n. The name of a topic that a person does not like to hear or discuss.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a word that is considered to be unmentionable
- n. an offensive or indecent word or phrase
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.