American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An obscene or vulgar word.
- n. A word, expression, or concept viewed as odious or intolerable: a feisty campaigner to whom "give up” was a dirty word.
- n. A word that is considered vulgar, not necessarily sexual in nature.
- n. idiomatic The name of a topic that a person does not like to hear or discuss.
- n. a word that is considered to be unmentionable
- n. an offensive or indecent word or phrase
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dirty word’.
to have a look how word is used
and the plural
Phrases that include the word 'dirty'.
Looking for tweets for dirty word.