from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove from association; dissociate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To separate oneself from a person or situation.
- v. To separate into smaller discrete units.
- v. To separate from related items.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To disconnect from things associated; to disunite; to dissociate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dissociate; sever or separate from association.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. part; cease or break association with
dis- + associate (Wiktionary)