from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soul, spirit, or consciousness that has been disembodied, or which otherwise lacks a physical form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disembodying, or the state of being disembodied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disembodying.
- n. The condition of being disembodied.
It's a strange feeling seeing something like that, a kind of disembodiment, and I felt dizzy.
When Patrick takes too much heroin, his sense of disembodiment becomes so extreme that it is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
'The next page is a scalping, and then we go to decapitation and finally disembodiment.'
- Head popping, limb disembodiment, lots of blood and realistically sickening sounds
While this is interesting to look at, it does create a sense of disembodiment and distance from the work as a whole.
Supervenience physicalism, as we have been understanding it, is a contingent thesis that is consistent with the possibility (if not the actuality) of disembodiment.
I feared him, feared she'd die without me, feared the disembodiment I felt like a rising breeze inside me.
This is about growing comfortable with your new physicality, dealing with issues of disembodiment and bodily alienation.
The sensation of disembodiment, an alienated dissociation common to the early phase of readjustment.
By using the computer anyone can publish online, which leads to disembodiment.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.